Want to host an awesome party but don't feel like spending a day in the kitchen getting ready? Get the friends together for an appetizer or dessert exchange! It sounds as simple as it's titled - everyone brings their favorite starters and sweet treats and then the tasting begins!
How to Plan a Food Exchange
- Send out invitations and tell everyone to make a platter of their favorite appetizers or cookies.
- Tell them to write down what appetizer or type of cookie they will bring on the invitation when they RSVP.
- Everyone should bring an extra plate so they have a plate to take a spread of the appetizers or cookies home with them. So, make sure you let your guests know!
- Have everyone bring a bunch of copies of the recipe card so people can make your appetizer or cookie anytime!
- Set up extra tables for all the platters of food.
- Of course provide drinks, such as champagne, wine, beer, mixed drinks but also put out soda or juice.
- Decorate. Light some candles, play some music, and buy cute plates and napkins.
- Think of some fun games or contests to play, just like any dinner party!
An appetizer or dessert exchange is a great way to mix up your night. The stress free evening is extra easy since there is no cooking or baking on your part and of course; it’s a fun way to party!