Most people do crunch after crunch without getting the results they want: a stronger core! But these four moves will target that waistline and you never have to get down on the floor. Perform fifteen repetitions on each side and use a six to eight pound medicine ball or weight.
Medicine Ball Diagonal Chop
- Start with medicine ball at waistline.
- Step to the left and drop ball down towards your hip.
- Swing the ball upward to the right.
- *Rotate the hips from side to side.
Side Body Bend and Lunge
- Start with weight extended overhead.
- Step to the side and lean away from center.
- Return to center with arms extended.
Side Lunge and Twist
- Start with feet together and medicine ball at waist.
- Step to the side and twist in opposing direction.
- Return to center.
Lunge Steady and Twist
- Start in lunge position with arms behind your head.
- Hold lunge and twist opposite elbow towards knee.
- Return to starting position.
Add these core moves into your current workout or perform each of the four moves for one minute on each side with a thirty second break between each move for a ten minute core workout.